In order to achieve the objective of quality medical care, each student-athlete has the responsibility to:
- Be honest and direct with the athletic trainers caring for you.
- Report all injuries and illnesses within 48 hours.
- Follow the treatment and rehabilitation plan from your athletic trainer or physician. It is your responsibility to advise the athletic trainer if there are any problems or reason why you cannot follow the plan.
- Report to the Athletic Training Facility daily, or as directed, for treatment and rehabilitation until you are cleared by the athletic trainer or medical doctor.
- Report any change in your condition to a staff athletic trainer.
- Hand in all Medical Notes from your doctor to the athletic trainer.
- The athlete must return a signed and dated release from a Medical Physician to the Athletic Trainers before being released back into Athletics. Parental Authorization and/or notification will not be accepted.
- Understand your health problem and the treatment and rehabilitation program to your satisfaction. If you do not understand any part of your treatment/rehabilitation program, ask a staff Athletic Trainer or physician. Be sure you know what is expected of you.